Rakhi Recipe: McCain Veggie Finger Wrap (Cook Time: 15 mins)
The cooking with McCains challenge was an exciting experience because I did something that I have never done in my life. I got to cook with my brother!
For the challenge we decided to make a McCain Veggie Finger Wrap
4 slices onion
1 red bell pepper, chopped thin
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup chopped parsley
Salt to taste
1 small cup plain hummus
Roti/Paratha for the Wrap
1/2 cup cheese
4 McCain Veggie Finger
1. Heat a large grill pan for two minutes. Add onion and bell pepper in 1 tablespoon oil.
2. Add onion and bell pepper to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until grill marks appear. Remove from pan.
3. Remove from pan; coarsely chop vegetables. Combine vegetables, remaining 1 tablespoon oil, parsley, and salt; toss to combine. Then, Cook McCain Veggie Fingers in oil and leave the oil to be drained out on a tissue paper.
4. Spread some hummus over each Roti/Paratha, leaving a 1/2-inch border around edges. Divide vegetables over each Roti/Paratha; add 1 McCain Veggie Finger to each wrap and top each serving with 2 tablespoons cheese.
5. Roll up wraps, and cut diagonally in half.
I got to spend some really fun time with him this Rakhi and for those reasons I have to thank McCain. Thanks for sending over the lovely stuff and the Rakhi that connected me to my brother.
My inspiration: Jamie Oliver’s recipes and cooking!